First off, let me say that I think baby wipes are the best thing ever invented. Seriously, I love them and use them for everything. My daughter turned three in early August and we got her potty trained just before her birthday so we technically have no need for wipes anymore in the traditional sense. But I have a feeling I'll be buying wipes for many years to come. We use them to wipe mouths, clean off tables, wipe feet off after an afternoon at the playground and clean up our craft messes.
So, when I was asked to review WaterWipes, I thought, Oh I'll use them to make a craft! The kids & I decided on Baby Wipe Bat Garland!
I really enjoy decorating for Halloween. We make it fun and non-scary (I've got a 5 and 3 year old at home). So scary is no fun. We make everything lighthearted so I just love how these adorable bats turned out. Here's how to make your own.
- Washable Markers
- Black Yarn
- A Pom Pom Maker-Thingy (got mine from Joanns)
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue
These are mine below. You can see that I took this way too seriously. HA!
I wanted to see how they would turn out if I rolled them up to dry. I left them rolled up overnight and then unrolled them in the morning so they would fully dry. I did like how some of the designs turned out but kind of wish I would have left them unrolled to see if the designs would have turned out more clearly. Next time.
When they were completely dry, I folded them lengthwise, then folded them in and in again. I cut into one of the ends and when I unrolled it, it looked like this. Can you see where this is going?
We unrolled them and grabbed some yarn and tied it into the middle to get them to crease really good. Then we tied a loop around then top. Next make some yarn poms (Here are some great directions on how to make these). I then hot-glued the yard ball to the wipe and then my son carefully added the eyeballs with hot glue and supervised by me.
Aren't these just the cutest??
Here's why I like WaterWipes so much:
- They are the perfect chemical-free choice. Which makes them also perfect for little hands working on craft projects!
- There are absolutely no chemicals, just 99.9% water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract.
- They are natural baby wipes and perfect for little hands (love this!)
- I don't have to worry about this anymore but my little girl used to get terrible diaper rash. That's one reason we really pushed to get her potty-trained but these wipes help to prevent diaper rash.
- My son also has sensitive skin on his cheeks. WaterWipes can be used by anyone with sensitive skin: babies, toddlers, teens or adults!
- Anyone with a skin condition like eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. can use WaterWipes without any negative effects or discomfort.
They sounds great don't they?
I took the bats and added them to some scrappy garland I made last year.
You can find WaterWipes on Facebook and Twitter.
I hope everyone has a very fun and safe Halloween!